Have you always dreamed about being a reality show star? Become king – or queen – of the island and win a million on Survivor, rock the house on American Idol or travel around the world in The Amazing Race.
You might just have the opportunity over the next few weeks to make that dream come true. The area is hosting two casting events that could make some talented New Englander the next reality show superstar.
The first event is being held by Boston Casting on Friday, April 13 (could be your lucky day!). The description of what they’re looking:
“Are you outgoing? Do you have a thick Boston accent? Do you think you would make GREAT TV? Does everyone always tell you that you have a BIG PERSONALITY?”
The open call is being held from 9am to 7pm at BC’s offices, located at 129 Braintree St, Suite 107, Boston 02134. They encourage all types, individuals and groups, to apply and a reminder to bring a photograph with you.
If your dream includes going head to head with Simon Cowell, the auditions for The X Factor is the place for you. Auditions are taking place in Providence, RI on May 9th and 10th at the Dunkin Donuts Center. Audition hopefuls must register May 9th in order to receive a wristband for the next day’s auditions. However, producers encourage participants to register online at The X Factors Auditions for more detailed information.
Actors are artists. But actors are also their own commodity and need to market themselves to help ensure they standout among the dozens of others that show up at casting calls and auditions.
The price of marketing adds up – headshots, resumes, websites, acting lessons, acting reels. . .the list goes on. The expenses can hit the wallet pretty hard. Events such as the one happening Sunday, April 15 at the Hilton Boston Back Bay can help ease that financial hit.
Dina K. Photography and Talent Tools are teaming up to offer a headshot session and ‘A Complete Actor Makeover’ next Sunday, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. The $299 Complete Actor Makeover includes:
· Professional make-up artist application with Claudia from Ciao Bella Spa
· Professional hair-styling
· 45 minute headshot session with Dina K. photography
· Two different looks
· An online gallery of your proofs after the session
· Two high resolution re-touched images emailed to you
· Pre-event resume review and editing
· 45 minute one-on-one resume makeover session with Talent Tools
· A package of 8×10 paper (50 sheets) for easy printing of your resume and attaching to your 8×10 headshot
· Your new and improved resume emailed to you after the session
· 15% off all other services provided by Talent Tools, such as demo reels and websites
To reserve your slot for this event, send an email to [email protected] or call Dina at: 617-903-8302.
You can subscribe to HollywoodEastConnection.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
|« Mar||May »|